Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card problems

• Please log in to reply

Bromley

Bromley

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there,

Having some problems with my new 6800 graphics card and have no experience in this field so please bear with me. :tazz:

I slotted the card into my AGP slot and all seemed to be fine. I then connected my digital monitor to the back of the card via the VGA slot. However when turning my unit on I am given the message "No input" on the monitor.

So, I tried changing to connecting to the moniter via the DVI slot. Still no luck

I know there isn't a problem with the card as the LEDs turn on and the fan opperates.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated, Bromley

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you disable the original card? try updating the drivers for the new one

Bromley

Bromley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Should I disable my old (integrated) card before trying to load up? Would this help?

And I tried to install the drivers but it wouldn't let me as the device wasn't plugged in...If you see what I mean, I can't see the screen with it inserted so I can't update :tazz:

So to repeat, should I disable my integrated card?
Thanks for the help so far, Bromley ;)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yes, turn the pc off...remove the new card...turn back on and disable the on board card...turn off...reinstall new card....turn on...see what happens

Bromley

Bromley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. If I don't come back assume the worst :tazz:

Edited by Bromley, 19 July 2005 - 10:07 AM.

Bromley

Bromley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hmm.. How do I go about disabling my integrated graphics card, I couldn't find it anywhere in the BIOS.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I worked on one awhile back where the setting wasn't obvious. Look at the video options in the bios. It might have been the 'search first pci or agp' setting. When I changed that setting, then the 'disable on-board video' setting became visible. It's in there....

Bromley

Bromley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well it doesn't matter now, I realised I hadn't connected the power cable! How stupid am I lol! I bet you get complete rejects like myself all the time - sorry to have wasted yours :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the easiest solution to implement is always the hardest one to think of ..... we all do it