Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

Rob06

Rob06

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
There is a problem with my video only in BF2 after I updated my AGP drivers...here are some screens, please help.
screen004.jpg screen000.jpg screen003.jpg

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Wow...thats really wierd. What videocard are you using. Also, are you using optimized drivers like OMEGA. Sometimes those can cause rendering errors

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I'm using a Geforce 6200, it was working perfectly yesterday before I updated my AGP drivers and no I'm not using OMEGA drivers.

Edited by Rob06, 19 July 2005 - 11:47 AM.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Wait your using a geforce 6200 to play BF2...No comment ;) ;) :help: :tazz:

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 19 July 2005 - 01:35 PM.

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
check the system requirments...

I use a ATI Mobility Radeon X300.....

Do you have the video settings messed up?
Are you running it in 256-color mode???

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Ok...next question..why are you using a x300 for gaming?

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok I didn't make this thread to get flamed, and it worked fine until I upgraded my AGP drivers, and I'm running it in the right display, I didn't change any of my settings.

Edited by Rob06, 19 July 2005 - 07:11 PM.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Sorry, Its just I have seen so many people make the horrible mistake of buying a "budget" video card. They are not made for gaming. They are made for DVD decoding. Its like making eggs in the microwave vs. a frying pan. The microwaved eggs taste like crap but took a lot less resources to make. If I were you I would have bought a Radeon 9800pro for the same price. The 9800 was made to be good but is slightly older. The 6200 is newer but is made to preform horribly. nVidia designed the 6200 not with gamers in mind but for system builders making PCs for Multimedia use.

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 19 July 2005 - 09:10 PM.

Zerferex

Zerferex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I first got Battlefield 2 it worked fine. i decided to update my drivers for my video card (Geforce 6800) it decided not to work any more. i get into the game find but when i try to start a game it freezes up, then crashes and [bleep]es at me that my driver is crappy. Does anyone knwo what my problem is?

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
A little late now though, so I'm stuck with it for a little while.

Advertisements

KGH

KGH

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
IF the game was functioning properly prior to the driver update, you need to roll back your drivers. Use a driver cleaner utility (available for free on the web) or remove them using control panel (usually sufficient). Re-install the drivers that were working and you should be fine. In the 'Add/Remove Programs' component of Control Panel, both of your drivers should be listed as 'NVIDIA drivers' or similar. The BF2 CD includes the most up to date, fully functional NVIDIA drivers. Turn on autorun for the ROM device you are playing BF2 from, insert the CD / DVD and a menu will come up. Move to the 'advanced menu' if need be and select 'install NVIDIA drivers', having removed the old drivers first.

IF the game was not functioning properly prior to the update, those visual defects would indicate that your card doesn't support an aspect of the game. You may be able to remedy the problem by altering certain video settings in the in game options menu.

Edited by KGH, 20 July 2005 - 01:59 AM.

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Where did you lot get your drivers from i cant seem to find any and i need them for free :tazz: please elp

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Where did you lot get your drivers from i cant seem to find any and i need them for free :tazz:  please elp

View Post

try going to your card manufacturer;s website....the two most popular...
http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp if you have a Nvidia card like a Ge-brand
https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27
ATI card...like the Radeon or X- brands
and if you have anything else...just try this little small site called google...it's usually effective

Edited by slide5050, 20 July 2005 - 09:07 AM.

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So which do i choose then for best gaming :tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Try Omega Drivers, they are optimized for gaming but they lose some image quality