Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Im not for one manufacturer or the other, i love pentium 4, and amd 64 fx chips.

I get what your saying warriorscot but you can do more than one thing at a time example: opening a multiplayer server with 2 instances or 2 games up at the same time and the pentium 4 chip does great at this. I know people buy a chip for a reason. To answer everyones question about why someone would buy a pentium 4 chip.(newer models) My reason i bought a pentium 4 chip is because i like to host game servers and i can have 2 or 3 game servers up at the same time on a single pc. Costs alot less than a dual processor, i dont like dual core so thats out of the question..

amd 64 is better at single applications/ does crappy over 1 application

pentium 4 wont bog down with 3-4 or more applications running at the same time and still runs great. <------ why i bought an intel lol..

thats just my point and just stating the truth

Edited by jrm20, 06 August 2005 - 09:28 PM.

Advertisements

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Im not for one manufacturer or the other, i love pentium 4, and amd 64 fx chips.

I get what your saying warriorscot but you can do more than one thing at a time example:  opening a multiplayer server with 2 instances or 2 games up at the same time and the pentium 4 chip does great at this.  I know people buy a chip for a reason.  To answer everyones question about why someone would buy a pentium 4 chip.(newer models)  My reason i bought a pentium 4 chip is because i like to host game servers and i can have 2 or 3 game servers up at the same time on a single pc.  Costs alot less than a dual processor, i dont like dual core so thats out of the question..
amd 64 is better at single applications

pentium 4 wont bog down with 3-4 or more applications running at the same time.

that just my point

View Post

I like p4 but as I stated I need futurproof as how knows when all goes 64 bit I might not be able to afford parts for a new system build I mean im not ignorant I mean even when my pc is running windows xp 64 bit its still not getting that much benefit ive only got 2 gig of ram and my k8nxp-sli only supports 4gig anyway far cry 64bit is impressive even 32bit games are more vibrant but its full power is useless until the make new memory and motherboards that support 18gig of ram . my old p4 2.6 was a jem it didn't disappoint me at all im just exploring new things I only play games+genral use+ program, me and my friend are starting LAN networking gaming meetings so when we get around to building a proper server it will probly be Intel duel mabe amd dule depending on prices at the time.

Edited by jamie72, 06 August 2005 - 09:48 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Cool intel and amd both have great dual cpu chips :tazz: hard decision lol

Lemmiwinkz

Lemmiwinkz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
jamie, thats the thing i dont know what i installed before it didnt work, i searched my hard drive and deleted what i didnt need like betas that closed or any programs or files i dont need, ill run a disk de-frag and post the results, :tazz: thank you

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

jamie, thats the thing i dont know what i installed before it didnt work, i searched my hard drive and deleted what i didnt need like betas that closed or any programs or files i dont need, ill run a disk de-frag and post the results, :tazz:  thank you

View Post

look in system restore calendar it will tell u what u installed if their was a restore point created at that time its worth a look do all the standard trouble;shooting first check for spywear and vires crud make sure u update first check device drivers for faults if nothing shows up then reinstall the game and video drivers and then see if its ok.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well for a server the dual core amds will have the edge as they are better with single core apps than intel although im also a lan goer and we used to run all our games from my pals intel p4 and its overclocked a fair bit. And when we started running of my system the load times were much faster and the game smoother for everyone although that might be as much to do witht the better motherboard as well to get the most out of the cpu. I was only running an overclock of about a 100MHz at the time as well so for servers amd is good too. And we can only play one game at a time and we never go from one game to the next we usualy stop and enjoy the party bit of a lan party.

Lemmiwinkz

Lemmiwinkz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i ran a disk defragment and spysearch and i reinstalled my graphics drivers, but with my system restore calander it asks me to find a date to restore to and i cant change the date from todays date, it says to click on a bold date and i cant change the month either, the game still isnt working :tazz:

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

i ran a disk defragment and spysearch and i reinstalled my graphics drivers, but with my system restore calander it asks me to find a date to restore to and i cant change the date from todays date, it says to click on a bold date and i cant change the month either, the game still isnt working :tazz:

View Post

well if it was working and now to is not u must of installed something it doesn't like or changed system settings u will have to start uninstalling striping it back program by program and check your device drivers and dxdiag because if your not getting any errors u just have to keep troubleshooting it u must of done something to the system it doesn't just stop working check all your hardware and stop any overclocking and how much memory and harddisk space u got u will need lots of hd space. even with a gig of ram it uses 1 gig of page file

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
does any1 with BF 2 have a GeForce 6800? Also if you do does it run good with it?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
My friend has a ultra and it runs fine on his .

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I have a 6800 gt oc to ultra i tried uploading an image before and i have no space left. Runs really smooth and everything is maxed out on battlefield 2. I had an opportunity to run it at 370/1000 and it still ran very good and smooth.

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I got it to work, I d/led the 4 in 1 drivers off of ASUS's site and it works fine now.

zhapeye

zhapeye

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i have a NVIDEA Geforce FX 5700LE (256mb).

is this a good card to run BF2, i have had it about 10 months and can play most games on it with out fail, but what i can gather BF2 is buggy as [bleep],

games i can run with my graphics card....

MOHAA bt,sh and PA.
Half life 2 also CCS,
COD, UO
BRothers in arms,
fifa 2005
TW pga tour 2005
DOOM 3

but i want to be sure if my garphics card can handle BF2,
any info would be good.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM

Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 1 Gb
Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

the fx 5700 is the minimum video card supported, the 5700 is a lite edition and id recommend upgrading the video card.

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

i have a NVIDEA Geforce FX 5700LE (256mb).

is this a good card to run BF2, i have had it about 10 months and can play most games on it with out fail, but what i can gather BF2 is buggy as [bleep],

games i can run with my graphics card....

MOHAA bt,sh and PA.
Half life 2 also CCS,
COD, UO
BRothers in arms,
fifa 2005
TW pga tour 2005
DOOM 3

but i want to be sure if my garphics card can handle BF2,
any info would be good.

View Post

update all your drivers how much ram u got if your trying to play bf2 at high settings with 512 or even 1g it will thrash the hard drive it will be using 1g of pagefile try backing off the video settings I have duel 6600gt on sli and I had to get 2gig of ddr400 to run smooth at high videosetings with bf2.

Edited by jamie72, 09 August 2005 - 04:09 PM.