Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asheron's Call help needed

• Please log in to reply

grizabella

grizabella

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hiya

The expansion for this game just came out and since dl'ing the necessary graphics upgrade I haven't been able to get into the game. The computer either reboots during the login process or, more often, I get a message saying the ialmrnt5 display driver quit working. I have played the game for years so it's the upgrade causing the problems, although lately the computer would reboot when I was ingame, and then recently the computer reboots even when I'm not playing the game; simple Web surfing is all I'm doing.

I've updated the drivers for my card (Intel 82845G) and I have the latest DirectX. I'm running Win XP, with an Intel Extreme Graphics card, and my computer meets the minimum game requirements.

The good news is I just found out another player is having the same problem with the game causing reboots, so maybe it's not the computer at fault; I was getting ready to reinstall Windows as I sometimes get an error about C++ Runtime error or something like that but I don't have the details. I'll get more information if and when it happens again.

Just so you know I've run several programs to make sure it isn't a virus or something causing the problem, including all the programs you suggest using plus a few more for good measure.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

grizabella Ü

Advertisements