Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mcafee privacy service does not work when

• Please log in to reply

phariu

phariu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have Mcafee internet security installed on my pc. and when sporder.dll is removed by eTrust Pestpatrol, Mcafee privacy service gives an error message. Mcafee helped to fixed the problem with Mcafee. but again after a scan by eTrust PestPatrol, it happens.
so how can i fix this problem with this sporder.dll?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I don't know if pest patrol gives you the option to ignore that file or not. unfortuanately a lot of progrms use this file including WebHancer, a spyware program.

only suggestion I can make is to remove pest patrol.

phariu

phariu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i was also thinking about removing Pestpatrol. so whats the best anti-spyware software out there? i use McAfee internet security, ewido security suite, spybot S&D, ad-aware SE personal, spyware blaster and spyware gaurd besides pestpatrol.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just to confirm what's been said

You could try Microsoft antispyware beta as you seem to have everything else

Sporder.dll definition, relationships, removal: Back to files sporder.dll description:
sporder.dll is a DLL used to investigate the LSP chain order. It\'s presence doesn\'t necessarily indicates a virus/spyware/trojan/adware presence. Any regular LSP makes use of sporder.dll during it\'s setup.
Investigate further to determinate any pest presence. You should not delete this dll, in fact deleting it could disable the correct install or uninstall of LSPs. Although related to spyware it\'s also related to normal software.

File sporder.dll is related to adware WebHancer.
File sporder.dll is related to NetSonic.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
it sounds like your well protected. I've used pest patrol. I used it to clean up a pesky infection (e-universe). anyway I think spysweeper and counter spy are much better programs.

you can check here for more information. you should only use one virus program. ewido seems to be ok with another av app, but in general principal they don't play well together.

Antispyware apps on the other had are not that way. it normally takes 3 to clean a system. microsoft antispy is free and offers active protection. counter spy and spysweeper both offer trial versions (time limited, fully functional).

phariu

phariu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thank you for the help. i will try all he softwares that is recommended.