Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop starting problems

• Please log in to reply

clarkie01

clarkie01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
when i press my on button all i get is constant bleeps i have my power cable on so its not the battery nothing comes up on the screen i can hear every thing working the fan the hard drive but all i get is bleeps so i had to switch off when the bleeps start and then back on at the 50th time the screen jump into action and no more bleeps but its getting worse it took me over an hour of switching it on and off i tried talking to hi grade about it and they said they needed to look at it but it will cost me a fortune and the laptop is just over a year old :tazz:

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I know motherboards beep to warn the user of a problem with the CPU, video card, or RAM... but I'm not familar with laptops at all, I'm not sure if they use the same system.

Edited by Metalive, 19 July 2005 - 12:22 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how many beeps? what kind of pattern do they beep in? who made the laptop?