Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound

• Please log in to reply

dancewiththedevil

dancewiththedevil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently reinstalled windows, well not me personally, but none the less on my computer. Everything is working very well except for one thing, my computer does ot play sound files. When im on AIM i get a noise where sound is supposed to be, like a beep and if i try to play a sound file, like a song i get nothing. Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You probably just need the right drivers for your sound. If this is a name brand computer they should have installed unless you have an added sould card. You may find a disk that says drivers in your computer's package. If so, go into device manager and find your sound and reinstall the drivers.

Without more details I can't be much more help.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager > find your sound card in the lilst....is there a ? next to it? a yellow triangle with a ! in it?