Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Guild Wars problem

• Please log in to reply

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've been playing guild wars for two months without a hitch, until two days ago. I've started having problems, it becomes jittery, freezes for prolonged periods of times, and occasionely crashes and I have to restart my computer. Sometimes it comes up with an error saying it coould not save GW.dat because it could not find drive C, but I've checked and it is there. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled, even the "Repair Guild Wars" option they have but to no sucess. I searched the forums and found no real answer or the same specific problem. I've tried defragging but that won't work, it also says it cannot find drive C:.

My question to you is, do you know of anything to fix it, or what may be wrong, and is there a chance I must format?

Thank you for your time

EDIT: Upon fragmenting again I saw this in my log specifcaly

7/20/2005 1:25:17 PM Unable to move file C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.dat after many attempts. Skipping file.

Edited by Mkilbride, 23 July 2005 - 12:07 PM.

Advertisements

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently reformated due to a mistake I made, yet the problem still persists, I can find no reason, but I'd like to add it says it also has a "Delayed write error" sometimes...I've tried disabling the write option on the drive but to no avail. Also this is crude and very vague but it makes a "cli..ck..CLICK"(My Computer) Noise then freezes and crashes ectra.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
i have the same problem i think it happens on all mmo's at the start the makers have to get used to the amount of people. You are talking about when it freezes and you can't move for along time if you are then everyone i know gets that and its piss anoying huh? mine has never crashed but when it freezes on yours does averything still have animations like idle animations or are they completrly frozen solid?

Edited by inferno_blaze, 24 July 2005 - 12:56 PM.

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Its completely frozen, and not many people I've talked to ingame have teh problem, I contacted support and they say GW has conflict issues with The GeoForc 6600-6800 series and such. I get the BSOD as I said already, thats not normal and now my entire comp is geting fooked up