Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 comps in 1 LAN

• Please log in to reply

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
i have 2 computers, one 2k pro and the other one is win98, connected in a LAN thru modem. But i cant connect both computers thru network neighbourhood. In 2k pro, theres only 1 computer icon which is the one im using right now, no link to win 98. In win98, theres a link that can connect to 2k pro but requires a password, which i am sure that i didnt set any yet. Is there any way to fix it? cuz i find it really hard to back up some files thru some other softwares like MSN...

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
sounds like name resolution issue. check the following page for more details,. Just use net use command to map the drive or create a shortcut.

computer browserHow do I know I have a browser problem How to disable Master Browser in XP, 9X, W2k How to fix browsing problem in a mixed OS workgroup ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/browser.htm

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello!
I have enabled the NetBios option under the connection configeration and also created an account in 2k pro for win98 to access. However, it still doesnt work. Anything i missed?

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
try to use net view \\remotehost to troubleshoot. if you receive system error 5, this is permission issue; if it is system error 53, this is name resolution issue.

this may help,

troubleshooting is not accessible error
"....is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource".
"Access is denied" · "Network path was not found." ...
http://www.howtonetw...ccessibale0.htm

Edited by chicagotech, 20 July 2005 - 07:41 PM.