Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Perhaps a dumb topic, but help appreciated

• Please log in to reply

heavenwaits

heavenwaits

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I recently had to go through a long process to remove malware from my computer. I had to run some clean-up type programs though, and when I did I noticed that my taskbar and windows are now stuck in "classic style." I like the newer style better, but when I tried to go change it back, the option to switch was gone. Is there anywhere i can go to download those files or another way to fix this? It's really nit picky and minor, but I really prefer the newer look instead of the classic look.

Thanks to anyone with tips, and sorry if this is a really dumb question. ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Where did you go to change it?

makai

urichjones

urichjones

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Right click your taskbar then click properties. At the top of the dialog box should be a start menu tab. Click that and you should have the option to switch to classic or the newer style.

I hope this helps,

Urich

heavenwaits

heavenwaits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Right click your taskbar then click properties.  At the top of the dialog box should be a start menu tab.  Click that and you should have the option to switch to classic or the newer style.

I hope this helps,

Urich

View Post

I've tried this. It's already on the "start menu" option, not the classic option. In the "display properties" under "appearance" the Windows and buttons only has the option of classic style. I didn't actually go in and change it, but, like I said, this virus either messed it up or when I went through and cleaned my files to get rid of it it got deleted.

urichjones

urichjones

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Go to c:\<default windows directory>\resources\themes.

See if you have a file called luna.theme and a directory called luna.

Checkout this website

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The following correlates with Display properties but check it anyways to see if you can correct the problem here...

Open Control panel
Double click System
Select the Advanced tab
Under Performance... click on the settings button.

Make sure the last item in the list... "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" is checked.

makai

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
1. Download Luna.Zip from HERE.

2. Move to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna

3. REBOOT your system

Edited by S A A B, 20 July 2005 - 07:25 AM.

heavenwaits

heavenwaits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
All right!

It worked, things are back to the way they were. THanks a lot. ;) :tazz:

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts