Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP HELP!

• Please log in to reply

drew2815

drew2815

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
When I made a password for my account on windows XP it asked me if I wanted to make my files private. I said yes...well now I dont want my files to be private for a few reasons. If you download music for windows media and your on another persons name then you gotta log off and re download the song. Is there a way that I can undo this? Also, is there a way that I could reinstall XP but still keep everything on my computer so only like the errors and problems with some XP files will be gone? PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
how did you make your files private? The only feature that I know of in win Xp is hidden but you can see these files under any profile if you clear the hidden box in the properties of these files.
Have installed a third party software?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Right-click on the private folder->Properties.
In the Properties Dialog. Click on the Sharing Tab.
Uncheck the "Make this folder Private" option.