Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dialer Problem - Defies All Efforts

• Please log in to reply

pieper

pieper

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Attached is my HJT log created tonight. I've read and followed your instructions, with the exception of having used CCleaner instead up CleanUp. Running current AdAware, Norton AV, ZoneAlarm, XP SP2. Symptoms are stubborn pop-ups (best-promos) and dialers (think I've conquered eGroup Instant Access, but it's only been an hour!), a msclock.dll error (another dialer?!?), and "cannot find EGDACCESS_1060.dll"... I've run Trend, RAV (OLD defs... latest over a month old?), Norton, Panda, and Ewido. MS Malicious tool and AntiSpyWare. Last scans all "OK" or cleaned, yet best-promos still popping up and Ewido Guard detects generic dialer. All assistance GRATEFULLY accepted!

pieper

Attached Files

Advertisements

pieper

pieper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, all the "junk" IS indeed still present despite my optimism of last night! Dialer, pop-ups... Thanks.