Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply

rrangel

rrangel

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

When i turn my pc on and when it goes to login it takes so long to go to where i type my password it takes about 1min to load normaly it dosent take that long is it because when i rapaired my pc it made it slower or what any feed back.

thanks.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Try MS Bootvis. It is a tool that optimizes the boot process by re-arranging the boot files.
After u installed Bootvis. Open it.
Trace->Optimize System.
Ur PC will reboot. Now wait for a few minutes till Bootvis finishes optimizing ur system.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
To speed up your boot time:

I'm not exactly sure if it's this way in english versions of XP because I am translating it from Dutch.

Start>control panel>system>advanced>restart and recovery settings>you will see two numbers under your list of Operating Systems. Change those numbers to half of what they are now. Keep going until you like your bootup speed. I've turned my numbers down to 3 and 5 seconds.

Hope that works for you.

Emery

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I'm not exactly sure if it's this way in english versions of XP because I am translating it from Dutch.

Start>control panel>system>advanced>restart and recovery settings>you will see two numbers under your list of Operating Systems. Change those numbers to half of what they are now. Keep going until you like your bootup speed. I've turned my numbers down to 3 and 5 seconds.

Hope that works for you.

Emery

View Post

what about in XP home edition?

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
It works the same way in Home Edition.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Oh that is stange then cause I can see ADVANCE in my control pannel

Ahhh huh I just found it... lol dumb [bleep] me

Edited by Tony_1983, 20 July 2005 - 06:23 AM.

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hope that works for you.

Emery

View Post

That doesn't fix the problem. This is a hack to decrease the amount of time the system waits on boot for the user to manually pick an OS from boot.ini to boot into.

99% of the time, it'll have no effect whatsoever, and the people that it does effect usually can work out how to fix it for themselves..

As far as this BootViz program goes, haven't used it myself but sounds like a fair idea.

rrangel

rrangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the posts it fine now it went back to normal