Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop DRIVE hardware info

• Please log in to reply

kazi4u2nv03

kazi4u2nv03

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i need to replace a DVD drive in my fixed bay PCG-FX300 LAPTOP>>>>it is a LAPTOP>..all i want to no is that i have looked up many drves on ebay...can i buy any drive and put it in this laptoop....as long as it fits in the fixed bay?? al i no is that i amnot supposed to buy a slimdrive...but can i buy any drive....and install it in the fixed bay...

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Make sure the voltages and other specs are the same as your old DVD drive.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Your best bet is to go to the manufactures website, find the DVD drive they offer, find the part number of that drive, and search ebay for the same exact drive.

You cannot just put in any model drive into your laptop. For one thing, even if the model number is correct, the interfacing connector that mates the laptop to the drive, may be different.

makai