Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Full Install Problems

• Please log in to reply

jsj_lover

jsj_lover

• Pip
  • 1 posts
due to a malware overload and a subsequent windows crash, i was forced to reinstall windows xp. i had to buy the full version, :tazz: reformat my hard disk and install the entire thing from scratch. now i have numerous problems. it keeps wanting to reinstall hardware and firmware i already installed, my camera/mic doesn't work at all, my childrens' games that operate partially from cd just shut off in the middle of the game and have to be restarted. i have a partitioned hard disk. i have some things on my D: drive, and my OS on my C: drive. i really need help getting this tweaked so i can get it all installed and working correctly. once i do that, i can create backups and avoid losing everything again like i did this time. can someone please help me out of this NIGHTMARE??? ;)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

it keeps wanting to reinstall hardware and firmware i already installed

The first thing you need to do is check Device manager to see if you have any yellow question marks being displayed.

Just go to Control panel>System>Hardware tab>Device manager.

If you see any yellow questions marks, please post the names here. Then we can move on from there.

makai