Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot Device

• Please log in to reply

jnithan06

jnithan06

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I turn on my computer today it boot's a little while and stops in black screen. After a few seconds there was a messege saying, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device. Does anyone have any idea about this problem? :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Sounds, like ur boot.ini is corrupted.
Set ur BIOS to boot from CD first.
Insert the XP Setup CD.
When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. When prompted, type the Administrator password.
At the prompt type: bootcfg /rebuild . Press Enter.
Reboot.

jnithan06

jnithan06

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
;) Sorry for not following your instructions. I accidentally press Enter and it formats the computer. I have no problem with formating the computer except for one thing, the monitor is not clear after it boots up. There are lines showing horizontaly and it's also shaking. :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Do u have any magnetic devices close to the monitor?