Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with hotmail/java messages

• Please log in to reply

hediej

hediej

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i cant open my hotmail emails from home. i can see what i have received but i cant open them. in my status bar i get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point saying: "done, but with errors on page". and if you go over the email with the cursor, it says: "java script:G'?cgi-bin/getmsg?msg=CFF67D60-...." I have checked the security tab in internet options and it is set to medium. i set the java VM permissions to medium safety. i seem to have this problem ever since i got DSL (SBC). please helppppp.....

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try going here: http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp and download the latest java software, and try again. You'll probably have to shutdown and restart your browser before the new software will take effect.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

hediej

hediej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
[hey i went and downloaded the java software and restarted my computer but i still have the same problem... there is a java shortcut on the desktop which opens four items: Draw, Notepad, Military Game, and swing set... did i download the right thing?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Did you click the "Get it Now" button?

hediej

hediej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Did you click the "Get it Now" button?

View Post

yes, i went on the big green "get it now" button and it downloaded and i have it on my desktop too but it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. i still get a error in hotmail and can only open my emails from other computers...

neil_seddon

neil_seddon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Hediej,

I have a similar problem. I have MS XP Service Pack 2. I can open e-mails in hotmail but some links I can't open some things either because it keep coming up with Javascript at the bottom of the screen (this comes up when I run my curser over the link etc....) I have no idea how I can fix this.

Microsoft tells me I should use the fix Internet Explor 6. They have been struggling to help me though.

You can contact me on edit: email removed for your privacy

hediej

hediej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HEY NEIL,
MY PROBLEMS NOT FIXED YET, ONE PERSON TELLS ME TO UPDATE INTERNET EXPLORER, WHICH IS ODD BECAUSE I HAVE IE 6 AND I DONT THINK ITS THAT. THE ONLY THING THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM IS USING A DIFFERENT WEB BROWSER. TRY MOZILLA (FIREFOX), THATS WHAT I USE TO CHECK MY HOTMAIL. LET ME KNOW IF YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM...
GOOD LUCK

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
There is a smaller tab at the top. This is the one you want.
Or try here

neil_seddon

neil_seddon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the advice regarding the Java site but the link is not working at the moment.

I think I have downloaded this before.

Please advise.