Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor fault

• Please log in to reply

rafi_kami

rafi_kami

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hai to all
i am rafi from dubai. I have one sahara 17' crt monitor for service purpose. this monitor problem is vertical section.

problem symtom:- in the middle screen 1' horizontel display

action taken :- i replaced the vertical ic TDA 8172 , and checked capasitors and resistors also.

need solution: i want the other technical person help how to solve the problem . help me????????????

Thanks

Rafi

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do you have a schematic of this monitor? If so, do you have a DM to check that replacement IC has proper pin voltages? Are you aware of what NOT to check with a DM when power is on? Safety precaution? Do you have access to use of an o'scope?

You may have a related power supply section problem. Did original IC looked burnt? Were power pins shorted or extremly lower resistance than should be before replacement? A simple power resistor which is in the feed path to IC may have opened up and is not even located anywhere near IC.

Did you check all the power components' solder connections on the PCB? Sometimes these have crystalized over a period of time and look like they are making a connection, but are not.

Ron