Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visual souftware

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I downloaded the installers for Visual C# and Visual Web developer a week ago and them install them the only annoying this was the you can only download the installer and not the files that make the program, this means every time that I install it I have to download the files through the setup again. and I need to do that now because there in something wrong with the programs and I can't open them, or uninstall them the only option is to reinstall the program by running the setup, which means re-downloading the files again. is there some way in intercept the files and save them to my hard dive so every time I run the set up I don't have to have it download the files just in case this happens again. many thanks for any help. :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what versions are you using?

I have the latest beta on dvd rom the I was able to request from microsoft for free. you might want to look into that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It is the latest beta version that I have got. When you say free do you mean not postage no money at all. I am not willing to give away my my money, being a teenager that get five dollors a week and also I don't have a bank accout to give it away from. If it is not complety free I don't wan't it, maby you could send me and I iso file of the DVD it that is not too much troble? I wan't to use it to learn to write software, I can't do that yet.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to the link and see for yourself. didn't cost me anything. Ttook about 2 weeks for me to get it. I don't know much about programing myself. However, I've reached a point in my career as a tech that I need to be able to program, script, debug, fix other peoples stuff if I want to go to the next level.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ok thanks for your help I will get when I fix my computer up (I thinks the hard drive on the way out and am trying to get Dell to give me a new one under warinty, becasue the computer is five months old)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
how do you know its going out? have you run the Dell Diags?

PM me your service tag and I can look up the info (happen to be dell certified).

thanks,
Starjax

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Buck to the origenal topic, I have to pay $20 for postage, do you know where I can get the complete download and not just the installer, which downloads it but wan't save it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
wow. what contry do live in?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am in in Australia, never been out of it. And so I will have to put I with downloading it every time I need to reinstall it. ( I am have problems as I said before and so this might be anoying. plus to get all the optional things is more that I can download)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
with such an investment surely you could talk the folks into helping you out. Its one of the few times MS did something right. Its a full dvd and I don't have any place to uploade for you to get it.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I see if I can get dad to bye it for me even if I have to pay most of it.