I read through lots of threads here and tried most things. However, the problem has just kept getting worse and worse. Yesterday, ewido reported a dialer in addition to look2me. Ewido removed these, but every time I reboot the look2me is back.
As a precaution, I disconnected the external drive that I use for my work. I then went into network connections to take the infected pc off of my network. In the Network and Dial-up Connections window there is now an entry for SIXA virtual private network. It is shown as 'disconnected' - possibly because I have used my McAfee Personal Firewall to lockdown the internet connection. The last Ewido scan did not report a dialer just the look2me thing.
I have been grappling with this beast for over a week now and, finally, have had to admit defeat and ask for some help here.
Thank you (in advance),