Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

look2me and SIXA [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gruff

gruff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Poups started appearing on my PC about one week ago. My Panda AV Platinum v7 (fully updated) detected nothing. McAfee online scan reported a "VeryLince" virus, but I don't have a subscription to that, so the virus was not removed. AdAware (free version) did not detect it either.

I read through lots of threads here and tried most things. However, the problem has just kept getting worse and worse. Yesterday, ewido reported a dialer in addition to look2me. Ewido removed these, but every time I reboot the look2me is back.

As a precaution, I disconnected the external drive that I use for my work. I then went into network connections to take the infected pc off of my network. In the Network and Dial-up Connections window there is now an entry for SIXA virtual private network. It is shown as 'disconnected' - possibly because I have used my McAfee Personal Firewall to lockdown the internet connection. The last Ewido scan did not report a dialer just the look2me thing.

I have been grappling with this beast for over a week now and, finally, have had to admit defeat and ask for some help here.

Thank you (in advance),
gruff

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go :tazz:

Sorry we are very busy

Did you follow the recomendations here? Especially step five

Please post your Hijack log in this thread using the add/reply button

Thanks

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.