Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer network

• Please log in to reply

rich mauro

rich mauro

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hello again;
I have a verizon supplied westell wireless modem/router, model 327w for their dsl and a wireless laptop running xp. I also have the pentium II running 98se connected (usb) to an HP2410 printer. The desk top has linksys wireless adapter and is recieving a signal ( I say it is recieving but I don't know why because I never reinstalled the linksys or verizon software after you helped me get this unit running yesterday)
Anyway my question is this - can I get my printer to print from the remote laptop thru the components I have? Also the pc has alot of files on it I would like to get to the laptop any chance
Rich

Advertisements

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hey Rich!

Shouldn't be a problem; so long as all your machines are connected thru the router, file and printing sharing is on, and your desired folders/printer(s) are shared, you should be good to go.

One thing to keep in mind: make sure that wireless router is locked down. You want to use the printer and access the files, but I don't think you want your neighbours to have the same access. :tazz:

Be well, SD