Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet was working fine until all of a sudden...

• Please log in to reply

thecaffiends

thecaffiends

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Okay, so I had seen a topic that I thought could help with this yesterday but I can't find it again, so I'm really sorry but I need to fix this. I have an IBM ThinkPad laptop with Windows XP and a Linksys Wireless Network card. I have a wireless router at work and at home, both were working fine until recently. Now all of a sudden I have a 169.254.45.124 IP address with a 255.255.0.0 subnet mask (I'm sure you're all sick of seeing this, again I'm sorry) and I can't access the internet. I tried releasing or resetting the IP and neither worked (when I tried ipconfig /release it just showed me the same info as if I typed in ipconfig) and the release timed out, saying

"An error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request timed out."

So I tried unistalling and then reinstalling the card and software and I still don't have any luck! Any help that could be provided would be very much appreciated! Thanks! ;)

Advertisements