Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bt voyager 205 adsl

• Please log in to reply

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
afternoon people. i have set up port forwarding so i can play footie manager online, i currently use the usb connection. if i were to switch to ethernet connection would it automatically muck up my port forwarding? also, currently, i use ethernet for xbox live so if i keep changing over the ethernet for pc and for xbox will it muck those settings up? cheers

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the best advice is to replace it with something good, had my new belkin router for a day and the difference is huge everything is faster and now ive got wireless and can connect 4 computers into the ethernet. port fordwarding is really easy as well.

But it shouldnt affect it you wont be able to access the router menu on the ethernet though.

gritbox

gritbox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
how would i change the ports to be forwarded through ethernet then? i need them forwarded to play footie manager. could the usb connection be slowing down my connection? cheers

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It does slow it down i noticed a big diff when i switched to ethernet should be fordwarded for the router and its two connections the 205 isnt that fancy.