Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

soundcard problems!

• Please log in to reply

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hello, i have a dell XP professional 2.4 ghz pentium 4, 1 gb ram, ati 9700 128 mb pro. my problem lies with my sound card witych is a creative SB Live!. whenever i play music CD's in a media player the sound skips constantly...i thought that it was the CD-rom but wouldnt that effect games and stuff when they install? i also have prblems with games...for instance in halo for the pc...even if i turn the graphics down to lowest as possible..(my pc should dominate this game....even on high) whenever lots of sound or high quality sound gets played the game skips....when i play farcry....even with the graphics lowered about every few secodns the game skips, ever 2 seconds or so...medal of honor pacific assualt is unplayable!! every time someone talks -which is constantly the games skips....it's unplayable...inHL2 every time a explosion go off or a important charicture talks it skips a bit...in some games the sounds work fine, but in others it seems to skip........i tried uninstalling the soundcard drivers and then downlading new ones (it was a pain in the [bleep] to find what i wanted) but now the drivers say that it can't find my sound card!! aggghhh!!the drivers are for my card...and bettter yet creative only has e-mail support for like the 1st 2 years!? What the...? i can't even e-mail them or call for tech suport? i need to figure out why games and music skips my pC, and fix it! i thouhgt it might be some IRQ thing....thanks...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try physically removing the card...logging in...then turn off and put the card back in