Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no mobo splash screen

• Please log in to reply

aquanos

aquanos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I built this unit over 7 months ago and everything was working fine until one day I tried to power the unit on and the led lights and fan powered on but the monitor doesnt respond. it just shows the monitor adjustment menu. I've tested the ram everything is fine. swapped cpu's to make sure it wasnt a defective one and still the same thing. tried clearing the cmos and changing my jumper settings and still nothing. i know the monitor works by swapping monitors. I've tried rebuilding from the ground up and still nothing. just got the mb back from soyo and they replace the bios rom chip and it still does the same thing.unit doesnt post until i start removing parts but since soyos website nor do their manuals list the post codes, i can't tell what the post mean. now the question is if i have a pci video card and if it is bad should the mobo splash screen and post screen show?I'm at wits end on this problem. ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if the video card were bad you wouldn't see anything on the screen. try googling post codes....some are pretty well industry standard...there are really only a few mobo companies that have proprietary post beep codes and they only do it because they charge everyone for tech support

aquanos

aquanos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
tried google and the list of post are not matching what I'm getting. I think I might have to swap the video card on the unit. I figured that the bios splash screen would still show, but the windows splash screen wouldnt show if the video card is bad. will get back to you on that one.