Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Change Language to my Operating System

• Please log in to reply

palomojavi

palomojavi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
undefined [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]palomojavi@gmail.com

I just want to know if it is possible to change the language to Windows XP

My computer came by default with Spanish Windows,

How can I make my operating system run in English?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
open control panel (start > run > control) then look for regional settings.....may be hard if it's in spanish. it usually has a globe as an icon...then find the right regional setting

kosoku

kosoku

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't think there is an option in XP Home to change the menus, help files, etc to a different language.

Edited by kosoku, 24 July 2005 - 07:29 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...there is...sort of...by changing your regional settings it changes the language that most thinga are automatically displayed as....which will fix most things.....if you;re wanting full blown foreign language XP you kind of have to buy that lanuage

kosoku

kosoku

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I've read that in XP Pro you can change menus, help files etc into different languages using the 'Multi User Interface' feature...

techguyonce

techguyonce

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes dude that is absolutly possible to change the language of dialog boxes and all those menu items to any language of your choice .For that you need the MUI.

See this page for more info(I am lazy to type)

http://msdn.microsof...beddedImage.asp

kosoku

kosoku

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Does that work with XP Home? I assume not but just checking. I don't know what 'XP Embedded' is.