Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virtual memory problems

• Please log in to reply

oberlisc

oberlisc

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi,
Would it be possible to have some help with this problem.
I am running windows xp sp1,i have a Pentium 3 933mhz with 512mb pc133 of ram and a 30gig hdd with 19 gig free space, i have my virtual memory set at System managed but i still get this error message,there is only my firewall (Mc Afee) and anti virus (AVG) running in my system tray,i have found that if i put up the task manager (crtl + alt+ delete) under the performance tab cpu usage is no more than 10 but the pf usage (page file) is climbing and has reached 1.93gig.I have recently been told that i may need to format to solve this problem,i have hi-jack this,CW shredder,Spywareblaster,ADAWARE and i have run the latest Mc Afee Stinger but it found nothing.
So if any body could help i would be very grateful,many thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
try updating your ad-aware and running a scan, run a virus scan here http://www.pandasoft...com/activescan/ , and then update spyware blaster and enable all protection, then reboot and tell us how the computer is running

oberlisc

oberlisc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi Thanks for reply,i updated ad aware last night and scanned but it found nothing,went to the pandasoft link downloaded active scan when i clicked on scan hard drive it came back with web page not found,tried pandasoftware.com but did exactly the same thing.i will try again later tonight maybe to much traffic on AOL.
thanks
oberlisc

oberlisc

oberlisc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi soxrok
I finally managed to get the scan from Panda software and it found nothing,
Installed Ad-aware SE it found 4 items which i deleted,
Updated Spyware blaster it came back with 9 items not protected so protected them,while AD-aware was scanning AVG popped up saying it had found 2 trojans (downloader 4.---) when AD-aware had finished i ran AVG but could not find them.
i turned the system restore off and restarted my computer,then turned restore back on computer seemed fine,so i shutdown i had things to do when i switched it back on a bit later it was running perfect pagefile was at 106mb and hardly moved,now at this point when turned machine on to check e-mails at this present moment the page file is at 1.04gig.
Any more advice would be great.
THANKS <_<