Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strat menu pops up - won't go away

• Please log in to reply

Naric

Naric

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a compaq presario 1610 laptop, with win 95. Been a great workhorse till now. A few minuets after I boot up the GD start menu pops up and wont go away. It interferes with ever function. If I try to use word, I can't type. If I try to choose a file, icon whatever - the computer is in a mode where it thinks the start menu is in use. I don't know if this is hardware or windows - but I'm going to throw the little futzer against the wall if I can't make it stop. Please Please I know you guys are smart. Please give me a clue of what this might be. A compaq's life depends on it. :tazz:

Advertisements

Naric

Naric

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please any input is beeter than none :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. I have merged your two topics together. When replying to this topic, please use the "AddReply" button, instead of the "NewTopic" button, to keep all of your replies together.

That said, please be patient. You only posted your original question 45 minutes ago. The Staff members here are very busy, and I promise someone WILL help you as soon as they can! :tazz: