Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting desktop back

• Please log in to reply

Flat32

Flat32

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently been hit by Antivirus Gold and SpySherrif. I followed the suggestions and ran the programs to get rid of the malware. Seems to have worked except I don't have my desktop/background options tab in display properties window. How do I get them back? Running Windows 2000 and have all current updates installed.

I miss the days of Windows 3.1.

Thanks for any help.

Flat32

Advertisements

Flat32

Flat32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I managed to get my desktop controls back by following guidance in another similar post.

I think my problems are all solved and I must thank the people that have taken the time to put this forum together. I believe most of the problems being posted can be fixed without involved help if the suggested steps are followed.

Flat32 :tazz: