Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serious system error recovery

• Please log in to reply

grizabella

grizabella

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hiya

Almost every time I start my computer I get an error message saying the the system has recovered from a serious error. One time it happened I got the following details:

BCCode:ea BCP1: 81B7B9C0 BCP2: 81FF37B8 BCP3: 81F4BB08 BCP4: 00000001 OSVER: 5_1_2600 SP:20 Product: 768_1

The files involved are:

c:\documen~1\deanna~1\locals-4\temp\WER29e.dir00\Mini072005-08.dmp
" " " " \sysdata.xml

The details seem to change each time.

The computer also randomly reboots often and I understand that could be due to overheating, biy I was wondering if it might have anything to do with this.

Thanks!

grizabella :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Minidump is just a small cache on the disk that holds data from shutdowns, so it isn't the problem, just a symptom. Is there any other error code, and does the machine behave abnormally during operation?

grizabella

grizabella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I sometimes get a C++ overrun, or something like that? An Explorer window opens on it's own to various websites, not sure if they're malware or not and they're not popups; the toolbars are at the top of the page.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thanks.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Just as I thought, you need to go over to the Malware forum and run their routines. They have experienced people over there to help you.

grizabella

grizabella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your help. :tazz: