Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey,

I'm new here, and seem to of encountered one of those BSoD's. While play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, my system restarted randomly without any messages. So I changed the setting so it would show me the error. The number I recieved was:

STOP: 0X000000D1 (0XF7A3AA4E, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF49B4B03)

I can't find out what this error is caused from, so I decided that this is the right place to ask.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by FalloutYear, 21 July 2005 - 01:20 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
STOP 0xD1, there can be 3 different possiblities:

1) Damaged Virtual Memory Manager:
Set ur Virtual Memory to System managed Size, if ur using Custom size to solve this problem.
To do it, Right-Click on My Computer->Properties. Click on Advanced Tab. Under Performance frame, click on Settings button.
In the newly opened Performance Options Window, click on Advanced tab. Click on Change Button. In the new window, for whichever drive u have set custom size set it to System Managed Size.

2) Faulty Drivers:
Update all ur drivers to latest version, if no latest version is available then re-install the driver.

3) Damaged RAM:
Download memtest86 to test ur RAM.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
The drivers for my graphics are latest, as I just formated, and reinstalled windows yesterday. These drivers stopped my Counter-Strike Source from working with my previous Windows (before formatting). I also purchased an extra RAM because my PC would lock up on certain points.

But, if my RAMS are damaged, I can get them replaced because Kingston has a life-long warranty, right?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Run a test on ur RAM, as suggested in my previous post, to check if it is faulty.
Also did u try Case#1 (Damaged Virtual Memory Manger)?

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey,

The VMM is set on default (what is recommended for my pc). I did run a test on my 3 RAMS, two of them finished with zero errors (I tested one at a time), and one wouldn't even start the computer. The damaged RAM wouldn't be read (system made a 2 second beeping noise every 5 seconds) so I couldn't test it, and I did take it out and left the 2 good ones in.

Sadly, I still get the problem.

Thanks for helping me out though,
Matt