Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard katastrophe

• Please log in to reply

thenewguy

thenewguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< ok, i've got this hp jornada. 680c to be exact, and i need help. it was my fathers a couple of years ago and he accidently spilled soda on it one day. nothing really happened to it, just merely stuck all the keys down to the board. so he opened it up, cleaned it, and put it back together. but little did he know that if u open up the keyboard, it wont go back together. but thats not the problem. then he put it back together as best he could and it worked! then he got a new palm and totally forget the jornada existed. after about 2 years of sitting in a box i remembered it and pulled it out. it didnt work. when i asked my dad what happened, he told me the story. then i asked the most important question, did it work before u stored it in the box?!? yes he replied, so my question is, why doesn't it work now. it turns on and flahes in black and white the start-up screen, but thats all it does. it flashes continously and doesn't stop. i've tried opening it up, reconnecting it, and cleaning it, but nothing solves the blinking problem. oh, on a sidenote, when u hit the shift key, the screen turns red?!?!? what does all this mean. when will my neverending madness of working computers be solved?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not very often we say this, but I don't think we'll be able to help you. The Jornada is a very proprietary system, you may have more luck looking for a forum that's specific to PIM's.

Here's one