Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows ME Left Click and Drag not working

• Please log in to reply

elliotgreene

elliotgreene

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, I am running Windows ME. When I try to use Left click and drag its not working. It is happening everywhere in the Operating System. When I try to Drag icons on my desktop it doesn't move the icons. Any operation where I have to hold down the left mouse key and drag is not working in any programs. I cannot highlight text Properly it particially highlight text.

Please help. Thanks in Advance

Elliot

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you may want to check your computer for malware.. you can do this by following the instructions in the malware forum...you may also want to try to update your mouse drivers or uninstall it and reinstall it

elliotgreene

elliotgreene

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have uninstalled my mouse drives and re-installed them and nothing has changed. I have the latest version of Ad-aware and spybot and I run both and it didn't find anything.

Let me set the record straight I am not a rocket scientist. I just need some instructions on what I can do to to get the problem removed or please direct me to the appropiate forum that would be able to handle this problem.

Regards,
Elliot