Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 8000

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not saying we can...im just voicing my assumptions about how certain things would seem to work...such that...even if his battery had no juice in "theory" the thing should work with it plugged into the wall.....unless the battery is completely internally shanked...or the connection between it and the laptop itself is bad

Advertisements

nmendoza86

nmendoza86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what are the little LED lights for on the battery.. and theres a button?

ronin13

ronin13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
you guys really should check this out before going any further. I have same problem and am going home tonight to see if this fixes it.

http://delltalk.us.d...essage.id=35366

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hahaha listen i just took my battery out of my laptop when i was reading these and it doesnt turn off or antying. So i assume (keyword) his computer would still turn on, however he might want to take the battery out while its plugged into the wall and see if it will turn on then

Psych

Psych

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

what are the little LED lights for on the battery.. and theres a button?

View Post

The LEDs are a battery charge indicator. Press the button and the number of lights that come on show how full a charge you have.

And yes, you can run your laptop without any batteries in if it's plugged in to the wall.

ronin13

ronin13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
you should be able to run the laptop without the battery if the battery chargering plate is not loose or dislocated.