Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPCSS problem.

• Please log in to reply

Sam3773

Sam3773

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey,
i was at my dads house the other day and i downloaded and ran Adaware to see if he had any problems, it found alot of cookies so i deleted them, on restarting his computer he got an error come up saying there was a problems in C:/Windows/system/RPCSS and a Visual C++ Runtime error. |At first i thaught that it was Internet Explorer, so he uninstalled it and they still came up, i then have been reading some forums about similar problems and i told him to delete AdAware but they still came up, he cant load up any programs because of it, he is on a Windows ME system, any help would be VERY gratefull.

Thanks.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Sam3773

Sam3773

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
K, i'll download it here and stick it onto a disk, i wont be able to post it untill next weekend because thats the next time i see it.

Thanks.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
We'll be here.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<