Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Registry

• Please log in to reply

capperdog

capperdog

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Project 2K wanting to go to a server location to get the install.msi file. Problem is the path to where it wants to get this info is wrong and you don't have the option to browse. There should be a place in the registry to change this path. Does anybody know where this would be?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
In hkey local machine, look under software > microsoft > office for a regestry setting
installpath

I am not certain it is there....just guessing...it seems I recall that office 2k was very squirrelly with this issue, where changing the installation point resulted in no end of headaches.

capperdog

capperdog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info, but there is no info on the install path down there that I can see.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you do a search in the registry for "install.msi"? If it's there, a search should find it, and you should be able to edit the path.

makai