Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ARG... SATA HELP

• Please log in to reply

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
…OK

I have two SATA drives with no ATA Harddrives. Last night I had to plug in a ATA harddrive into my mobo to do some work on it. After I unplugged it I was missing hll.dll and told be to replace it… I googled to see how to fix this and the majority of people said to rebuild the Boot.ini

…OK

So I boot to the CD only to find my (and remember) A7N8X-E Deluxe need me to install the RAID drives first so it can see the harddrive.

The problem with this is I do not have the SATA RAID disk anymore or the driver CD. Seagate has installation support but only for installing new harddrives not existing ones.

Soooo what I need to know is where I can find drives to put on my floppy. There are some SATA drives on the asus site, but it is 23mb and I have no clue what ones to copy.

HELP!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
www.dsenette.geekstogo.com/tools/silicon_v1050.zip

i dled the one that asus said was for the A7N8X-E

i know this doesn't help the fact that it's giant....but at least theoretically this is the one you need

coasttech

coasttech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
that link does not work

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
well, really, as long as it is the same SATA controler type, you can use any kinda driver. most of the time it would need to be on a floppy i think. so, let me know what the controler is and i'll see if i got the driver for it.

coasttech

coasttech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
First off I want to say what the [bleep] is up with windows not supporting SATA?? (basterds)

I fixed the problem by rebuilding the boot.ini and all was fine after. The SATA driver I used was the one from the ASUS site that was in the root directory of the zip file.

Edited by coasttech, 22 July 2005 - 10:35 AM.