Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002 error message

• Please log in to reply

minnelinda

minnelinda

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've just installed (my old copy) of Office XP Professional (2002) on a 'new' computer that has been running XP Home with Works.

I am able to access/use everything in the Office suite except Outlook.

I try to open Outlook and get an error message that says:

'Unable to open your default email folders. Could not open the item. Try again.'

When I click 'Okay' I get a dialog box that says:

'Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?' and the box gives me a 'yes' and a 'no' button.

Can anyone help me know what to do to get Outlook to open? (I'm an 'advanced novice' sort of computer user. Probably that means I know just enough to be able to paint myself into a corner.....)

Thanks-

Edited by minnelinda, 21 July 2005 - 04:22 PM.

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Have you already created your profile w/ account information?

minnelinda

minnelinda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks, Guse.

Maybe not. If not, how would I do that?

I DID activate/accept everything that was presented to me as the Installation Wizard did its thing, including providing the product key on the certificate of authenticity on my copy of 'Office XP Pro w/Publisher 2002'.

I don't recall that I was prompted to provide anything particular as it installed Outlook.

Is the problem possibly that I've got Outlook Express on my machine too? From the Windows XP Home edition that was originally installed on it.

Edited by minnelinda, 21 July 2005 - 07:01 PM.

minnelinda

minnelinda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks to Guse, I slowly figured out how to create a profile for my new Outlook client. Whew-

Thanks for the help.