Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCNA and MCSE

• Please log in to reply

b_omi

b_omi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi thr everyone...

I was reading the notes put up by members of this forum,and i found them really good,so i signed up,coz i wanted to know something about dong CCNA and MCSE courses...

Right now , i am working as tech support executive for windows xp operating system...i am a fresher...and have been working for 4 months now...i wana improve on my credentials...and do some courses to brighten up my prospects in the future....do i go ahead and do a CCNA or MCSE?..which one should i do?....how much time would it take to finish the course?....what would be my prospects in the future?...i am looking to work as a system administrator in a corporate like IBM etc...what should i do..what certifications should i have that would land me a job there....looking forward to your advice......thaanx a lot....

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hello, b_omi Welcome to Geeks to Go,

I am taking the MCSE course right now and next semester I will be taking CCNA. My advice is to take all the certification courses you can. Those 2 are definitely a couple of good certs. Taking those alone can help you land a Network Administrator's job, among others. From looking on Monster.com I have seen alot of employers asking for bachelors degrees in all sorts of areas of the IT field though. The length of the 2 coursed could definitely vary depending on where you take them. I am spending about 1 year to take the 2 courses, but that does not gurarntee me to get certified. That just trains me and I need to study and pass all the tests on my own. Some places you can take longer to do it, and you can also take courses and tests online. Good luck.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

b_omi

b_omi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey...thanks for d reply...i also wanted to know whther taking these certifications really help or not?...do i go ahead and do them...how would they help them out?..which are the ones which are preferred the most...? thanks a lot.c ya

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
10 years ago certifications would have been enough to land almost any IT job. Employers are still intereted in certifications, but experience has also become much more important.

Get as many certs as you can, but also gain experience anywhere you can. That's one reason you'll see so many people volunteering their services for web hosting companies and ISP's. It's worth it just for the experience.

b_omi

b_omi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey...thanks a lot for helping me out guys.....as i said earlier i am working as a technical support for Microsoft Windows Xp OS...so do i continue with my job?....will this be considered a valid experience if i do i a CCNA or MCSE ?.....if not,which profile would give me a valid experience.....and being in Microsoft Tech support ,would MCSE be the certification i should do?...or do i do a CCNA...?...as i want to go to netwrking domain...and right now working for microsoft...do i do an MCSE first & then CCNA or vice-versa.....?... <_< ...c ya