Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra driver for linux

• Please log in to reply

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Can anyone direct me to this driver? i just baught a dell xps gen2 with the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra card and i cant find a driver for rad hat 9. thanks in advance

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Can anyone direct me to this driver?  i just baught a dell xps gen2 with the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra card and i cant find a driver for rad hat 9.  thanks in advance

View Post

Unless RedHat has it on there website.I would say its in the RedHat 9 install.

During the install you should have the option on what drivers you want installed or you have to find it thru the RedHat OS :tazz:

SlitNek

SlitNek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
well im having a little issue, i have 8.0 full they i got right from redhat but disk 2 is a little messed up so i cant finnish the install but with this 9.0 i have a student version cd and there is no extra proggy cd's or anything so i dont think is supports alot

does anyone know where i can find 8.0? i have done many searches but all i get is forums from 2002 and the ftp's are no longer there

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Try guru3d.com they have all sorts of videodrivers. Thats were I got my laptop g0 6800 drivers for XP.

Also, why are you using a gaming laptop for linux? I thought Linux was not the ideal environment for games. Did you find a good emulator? Last I heard WINE was horrible at 3D appz although it may have been updated or perhaps you are using another application for your Windows Emulation.