Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer or Firefox won't start

• Please log in to reply

pashas77

pashas77

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all,

I've read the faqs before posting. This is very very frustrating so any insight would be most appreciated. The problem is i start up internet explorer and firefox and nothing happens, but they appear in task manager(right now I'm using opera). I've cleaned by computer of spyware and viruses, by using avg, ad-aware, and
spybot S&D. There were a couple of nasties..:tazz:

I've uninstalled both firefox and internet explorer and tried to re-install. I've rolled back using restore points and no dice. I can open up firefox and explorer in safe mode(that doesn't really help).

I do have "Hijack this" and can post a log if necessary. My system is a toshiba labtop with XP home(service pack 2 with all the latest updates) on it. Any help would greatly apperciated, I figured I needed to talk to the experts for this one. I really feel I shouldn't have to re-format and reinstall these programs.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Advertisements

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Just to be sure I would goto the HiJack this forum and post a log. If it comes back clean then repost to this thread.

pashas77

pashas77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Just to be sure I would goto the HiJack this forum and post a log. If it comes back clean then repost to this thread.

View Post

thanks phybry, I'll do that. Umm question of etiquette that's not considered cross-posting is it??

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
No thats not cross posting, go post the Hi Jack This log and once we know you have a clean bill of health it will make it that much easier to resolve any underling problems. But the most important thing right now is to be absolutely sure you have an uninfected machine.