Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Think im being hacked. Also BufferOverRun.

• Please log in to reply

7Dust_PwNz_YoU

7Dust_PwNz_YoU

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright. Im pretty new here so sorry. But anyways. Lately i've been having a few problems. I've been getting tons and tons of viruses and they do go away but just keep coming back. Then sometimes sometimes my shutdown,logoff,restart screen comes up automatically my screen goes blank, and then pops up back all regualar, like What the...? I use Trend Micro Internet Security for my Firewall/Virus. I've tried cleaning out any spyware/adware/malware. With many of my favorite programs such as. AdAware SE Professional. XoftSpy, SpyBlaster(Using that as a blocker, not sure why it didn't really work. Probably did, oh well.), Spy Bot. Also Microsoft AntiSpy, which is basically GIANT antispy. I scaned with them all cleaned, scaned with Trend Micro and cleaned. Also I used NOD32 to clean for viruses just in case. I like to make sure. I also used a lot of stuff from a HIjack site like teh CWShredder and what not. I used Hijack and don't know any of the stuff. So I thought I would post a HiJack log. Please read here you go. Also My internet browser is Firefox. I think sometime called KWMEDIA installed and caused this because after is installed These problems started. And Yes it was a lot of spyware and viruses. Ugh. Also Sometimes my site changes automacially. Mostly when im on a search page such as google. It will go right to another search page that will give me spyware and what not.If you could also please. I would like to know if you think Trend Micro Internet Security is a good firewall/virus. And that I got good spyware/malware/adware programs. And Should I keep Firefox? Thank you for your time and I hope for some answers. ^_^ :tazz:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:46:38 PM, on 7/21/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\snau\caap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\BearShare\BearShare.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\KELLYP~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.859\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskBho.dll
O2 - BHO: AuroraHandlerObj Class - {4AA870AC-8427-42a4-B92E-ECD956197489} - C:\WINDOWS\AuroraHandler.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BootSkin Startup Jobs] "C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\WINCUS~1\BootSkin\BootSkin.exe" /StartupJobs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Privacy Inspector] C:\Program Files\PrivacyIns\privacy.exe -min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CursorXP] C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpyEmergency] "C:\Program Files\Spy Emergency 2005\SpyEmergency.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1121710352921
O20 - Winlogon Notify: CSCSettings - C:\WINDOWS\system32\uodmxfrm.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\OBJECT~1\WINDOW~1\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: CWShredder Service - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Kelly PwNs YoU\Desktop\cwshredder.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe

Edited by 7Dust_PwNz_YoU, 21 July 2005 - 10:10 PM.

Advertisements

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Hi 7Dust_PwNz_YoU and Welcome to GeekstoGo!

That log has a stinch of the Look2me Infection,please download the l2mfix from here
http://www.atribune....oads/l2mfix.exe
or
http://www.downloads....org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe.

Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop.

Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log.

Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until I ask you to.

If you recieve any error messages for CMD or Autoexec.bat>> Select Option 5 from the l2mfix and once at the Site,Click on the link that apply to your Operating System!

Double Click the file it downloads and Extract the files to its predetermined System32 folder!

Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The Computer Whisperer

• Expert
  • 3,761 posts
  • MVP
On request I will be taking over from Crete, so can you execute the instructions by him.