Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell printer

• Please log in to reply

Majin Tifa

Majin Tifa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question.. but hopefully it is. Anyway, I have a A920 Dell Printer that came with my Dell computer. It was working fine but then I had my computer reformated, so it erased every thing. I lost the cd for the printer, so I downloaded it off the internet in order to install the printer back onto my computer. It said it was successfully installed, but whenever I try to use my printer, a message box comes up saying..

"Preparing Dell All-In One Center for first use.
Searching for scanning applications. Please wait."

It'll stay on forever until it stops responding. What do I do to get my printer going?

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello,

Rather post this in the HARDWARE forum as this is a hardware issue. The people there might be able to help you quicker.

Thanks

Werner :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I would suggest reinstalling the software and see what happens.

if that doesn't help then go to dell forums