Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video On Demand Encoding

• Please log in to reply

bjones

bjones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,

I'm new to this site and am hoping i can get some information.

I've taken over a dept at my company dealing with VOD. My responsibility is to rip and then encode movies for viewing on our VOD site.

So far in the process, i encounter the repeated problems:
1. the running time of the video is not accurate in the .DL or the .STRM file. In other words, the movie ends abruptly before the actual end. I have tried re-ripping the files and sometimes it corrects itself, sometimes it doesn't. Any thoughts on what can be done to insure that the whole movie is encoded from the VOB file?
2. the .DL file will be able to Pause, FF, REW; however, the .STRM file will not. the running time of the movie will match if I let the .STRM run for the movie's entirety.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Advertisements