Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton pops up and freezes game

• Please log in to reply

Dan211uk

Dan211uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I have been playing a game called Kal Online (www.Kalonline.com) and whenever norton system works blocks a trojan attack it minimizes the game and when I go back to the game it just freezes or the graphics go bad, which means I have to restart everytime it happens. Is there a way I can stop norton from telling me about trojan attacks and just fix them without notifying me? Thanks.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You have to find what application the game uses to access the web and allow it through the firewall. Look at the firewall logs, it may tell you. You may need to do the same for Windows firewall. A very common app for web access is javaw.exe and there may be more than one version of it on your computer.