Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Problem

• Please log in to reply

keithg59

keithg59

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently installed Windows XP Pro as I had been having a few problems with W2K. What a mistake! I knew that I needed to install Java as I use a few sites that rely on it. I therefore downloaded the latest version but whenever I tried to verify the installation on the Java website, IE closed without explanation, simply generating an error report which suggests it is a problem with Java.

I have reinstalled Java a number of times and have now got to the stage where I can verify the installation, but whenever I log on to a particular site, IE still shuts down with no warning or explanation. I have attached (hopefully) one of the error reports for information.

I also have Mozilla Firefox installed and although it seems quicker, its behaviour has not been any better although on the site I use, it simply fails to show the java applet.

I am at a loss as to what the cause could be and would really appreciate some help.

My machine is home built and based on the following:
Abit NF7-M MoBo
Athlon XP 3200 CPU
1Gb RAM
Maxtor Sata 160 Gb HDD
Radeon 9500 graphics card

I am using the latest version of XP with SP 2and IE6, also with SP2

Attached Files

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip