Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp Pav ze5185 lost all sound ability

• Please log in to reply

bearspath8

bearspath8

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and not very experinced at forums in general. Any way I lost my sound card but it seemed like a software issue.
I Uninstalled the hardware and restarted.
The new hardware prompts came up.
I got a message about the Conexant driver not meeting some MS Xp approval do I want to continue any way, I said Yup!
I get message saying I need a file named: caliaud.sys form the conexant AMC 3D Environmental Audio Dirver Disk...
I got not such disc.
Where can I get the file and more to the point does this problem sound familiar to anyone.
I appriicate any Geek wisdom you all may share. :tazz:

Advertisements

TDarp

TDarp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Can you post the make and model of your sound card?

bearspath8

bearspath8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ouch! I'm not sure how to go about figuring that out. The literaure I got from teh originl owner didn't say, and all I see externally is the Altec Lansing symbol and name. Maybe HP can help ID the sound card this mdel came with, I'll look into it aand get back.

bearspath8

bearspath8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK I went to the Device manager and the part that isn't installed properly is the Multimedia audio controller. It askes me to reinstall driver but when I do that same file comes up missing and it asks for a disk I don't have. So again all I need is to find the Caliaud.sys file on teh Conexant AMC 3D, Environmental Audio Driver disk.

Peace,

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go to the Connextant web site. Nearly every device mfr. has driver installations you can download from their site. the motherboard or computer maker may have it too, if it is an onboard device.