Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

proplems installin yahoo

• Please log in to reply

stoner-hick

stoner-hick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i was having a problem connecting to yahoo messanger so i uninstalled it thn tried to reinstall it. when i did this i got a message saying "could not communicate to the network server, error 25" then when i clicked abort it says the file C:\documents and settings\stoner-hick\local settings\temp\GLFC6E.tmp could not be opened if u can help with this error i would appreciate it thanx

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you could check here and see if that helps.

or you could install yahoo messenger beta

stoner-hick

stoner-hick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok first thing i am saying i cant get it to install and second i tried the beta version already

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
one thought, have you adjusted your internet secruity settings? If not then lets try some things.

ok first uninstall yahoo.
then install this utility
Launch the msi clean up tool. look for yahoo. click it and then click remove. this will cleanup the install database.

next download and install Cleanup!. run this program to cleaup all of your temp files. when its done reboot your system.

make sure your current with all of your windows updates as well.

now try downloading and installing again and see what happens.