Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

error message....cannot access files on computer..

• Please log in to reply

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

that is the error i get when I turn my computer on....I just installed adobe 7.0 standard and the newest version of java, and updated them both....and then I restarted my computer....and it gave me that error message...i put it into google and I havent gotton anything out of it yet.....i dont know what to do next....

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sounds like a hardware/bios message.....not windows....What kind of PC is this?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Get into BIOS (often the delete key when you turn on the computer) and check your boot order. For diagnostics, if it is not set to boot from your hard drive first, set it that way. Then try to reboot. If that doesn't work, tap F8 to select "Boot from last known good config" from the menu, or failing that option, choose safe mode. If you can get into Windows, report directly to the device manager (Control Panel> System> Hardware) and check devices. Post back with what happens.

Johanna

Edited by Czarina, 22 July 2005 - 11:10 AM.

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
i had to shut down my computer...and then turn it back on....and somehow that fixed it....