Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e-mail mystery

• Please log in to reply

devios117

devios117

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a gmail account and a school e-mail account. An hour ago, I got an e-mail sent FROM my school account TO my gmail account. Needless to say, I did not send this e-mail. When I checked my school account, i had the exact same e-mail in my inbox sent from a random address and, weirder yet, my outbox for my school address contained no such e-mail sent to my gmail address. For both e-mails, the subject was "1" message body was "1" and the attached file was named "1.txt" and contained no text. Is this a known virus or has any one experienced this same phenomenon? How could some1 have sent me an e-mail to one address only to have that address sent it to another address without a trace? :tazz:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

It's called "spoofing" and most spammers and virii use that now in order NOT be be tracked back to the actual infected system..

Murray